Benefits of prenatal Yoga
- Improve your balance, physically and emotionally, relieve stress & tension, improve circulation!
- Calm the nervous system, through deep breathing, the NS goes into parasympathetic mode, which is responsible for relaxation.
- Preparation for Labor, strengthening the legs, connecting with your pelvic floor, conscious breathing, may sometimes be challenging. This transfers into the time of labor, allowing one to practice being "comfortable with the uncomfortable".
- Sense of community/sisterhood, It can be very comforting to be with a group of women who understand what we are going through.
- But most importantly is nurturing time, allowing you mind and body to stop and slow down. Through the practice of yoga, you are setting intention in taking care and connecting not only to yourself, but with your baby!